Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Alamo


This past Saturday my classmates and I met up downtown to visit the Texas Alamo. The temperature felt very warm for a late morning and comfortable enough learn more about the Alamo. We all took a visit with Dr. Winders and he told us the different versions of what he has heard took place during the time of the Alamo as we walked around.
The site I found very interesting when we all entered the exhibit and found many different artifacts such as coins, buttons, swords, their wardrobe, pottery and books to name a few. Each of the set or sets has a paragraph talking about it. Inside the exhibit I enjoyed the paintings that tell different events of what happened during the Alamo. It gave it a much better picture of how the people lived before. For example: “The Army Hospital of 1806”. The painting showed a family making a visit to see a doctor and a few men in uniform. The painting looked very life like as if you actually looked out the window and stood in their shoes. I tried to imagine how the Alamo looked eliminating all the large buildings of today. It made it very easy for me to get a clear picture of the surroundings of the Alamo and the story of what took place. My visit to the Alamo was a very great learning experience for me reading from the many different articles and books to watching films about the Alamo. After visiting the Alamo, it made my learning experience complete.

No comments: